Sunday, April 21, 2013

Getting flocked

Over the past couple of weeks I've completely renovated my big salt water decoys by flocking them. I started with them first because they were about 20 years old and really manky. Most should have been binned but refreshing them seemed a good idea. I never dreamed how long it would take.... but anyway, I made a start on some of the field decoys today as well.

Here's what in my mind's eye the finished product will be like.

Kelvin from Canterbury sent me this photo of a Pacific Black Duck (Grey Duck), by Body Language Decoys



The above are all Body Language dekes

 
 

What mine look like so far:





The dark ones will be painted as grey's; the browns as mallard hens.

Trust me, those guys at Body Language are true artists. Mine will never end up looking that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment