Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Cleaning the field dekes

I put the mallards away dirty at the end of last season. Bad move. Dried mud isn't easy to wash off. Cabelas had the new Avery Pro Series decoys on special so I put through an order. I'd seen them when Tim and I were in the South Island last year, and they are smaller than the earlier field dekes so can fit in a standard bag (with zip lid). Given that I had a bag lying around, when the dekes arrived at the office I chucked them in the car and brought them home.... which prompted me to get all the dekes out and clean them.

The red circled dekes are the new GHG Pro Grades, the size difference is discernible as is the new paint scheme, especially on the hen. There are some Higdons in there too (wobble head jobbies).


Takes longer to clean decoys than you may think, but a nice sunny (if somewhat cool) day is the perfect time to get the job done.



Less than 100 days to the dabbling duck season; and just over 2 weeks to the special Paradise Duck season. Hopefully be pulling the trigger soon.

1 comment: