Wednesday, December 19, 2012

More on the Black Bastard..

I have to go easy on the motor here... turns out that at last service by agent, a spring was incorrectly placed, putting pressure on the stupid clip thing that eventually gave way. Maybe it came from the factory that way but I don't think so... the whole throttle system and gear engagement was stiff as a plank when I got the motor back from its 3 month service.

Heres the diagnosis:


Yup, some muppet had reassembled the bit that prevents the motor starting in neutral, with the spring loading acting in the opposite way it was intended to.

So, sorry Mercatsu, not your fault.

But what I AM going to do is cable tie the clip, its as flimsy a piece of plastic as I've ever seen.

1 comment:

  1. Not a sterling run with mechanical servicemen then! Best you find a couple of new mechanics.

    ReplyDelete