Saturday, November 17, 2012

It's only a thirteen and a half footer...

Had the opportunity recently to buy one of the new Lowrance Gen 2 HDS7 touch screen models at a ridiculous price. Not quite the first in the country, but none the less for once I'm an early adopter.

These things are sick, GPS chart plotter, fish finder, inbuilt structure scan, telemetry and the larger models even serve up video. To get the best out of it I really need a transducer upgrade and the structure scan transducers but shit, The Booger's only a 13.5 footer....


You do all sorts of stuff like configure your own screen splits; given I've only got 2 inputs (GPS & Sounder) I can't really get the best out of this feature other than put the navigation in left pane and sounder in right; or to be super daring, swap them around!

Need to do a bit of a shake down and tweak. If anything like the camera I've had for 5 years, I'm probably just best to put it on auto and shoot...

No comments:

Post a Comment