Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Higdon Alpha Wobbler Shells

Alphas are the latest generation of Higdon goose decoys, and someone was thinking when they came up with the Alpha Wobbler Shell which are a 3/4 bodied shell decoy cut from the full body version. The second I saw these in a catalogue I knew that they answered a big question, namely - how to fill out the goose decoy spread while preserving space? Storage is a big issue for me now. I saw some shots online of how they stacked and liked what I was seeing, so popped some on order in the Cabelas sale.

I knew that Cabelas had them on back order so was really surprised when an outer of 6 dekes arrived in my office this week. Only just got them home today, so whipped them out to have a look.






Looks like a reasonable option for filling out the spread cheaply (on sale for USD 79 per 6), each decoy landed is NZD20, vs ~$65 each for a quality full body.

6 more out in the shipping lanes somewhere....


No comments:

Post a Comment