Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sacrilege!

The opening of the trout season has come and gone. I spent zero time thinking about it, given that I was with my family in the warm warm climes of Phuket...

Sacrilege! I hear you anglers scream. I actually do feel the need to defend myself somewhat.... the trouble with having very broad interests in hunting and fishing (well the trouble for me anyway) is that I simply don't have a trout stream, duck pond, pheasant block or goose roost at my back door. Whilst I readily admit to having a superb sea fishery within 10 minutes of home that caters nicely for summer fun on the water, the other pursuits require travel and time away from the family. So taking them (family) to Phuket was an investment in brownie points, probably more to try and get out of credit than actually build up a tally that I can draw on.... it would be fair to say that Autumn and Winter have seen me away from home more than most guys with wife and youngsters can get away with. Add in the Fish and Game Council meetings... well you get the picture, I'm in the red as far as brownie points go.

I understand that the weather was its usual rainy windy opening day crap that trashes the small streams that I like to open on. Where I was it was hot, sunny and the beer was cheap. Cheap beer vs first rise of the season.... hmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment