Sunday, October 28, 2012

Part V - Installation

This turned out to be frustrating for the simple reason that I blew a switch fuse when I earthed the negative through the boat accidentally (why the heck I had the battery hooked in I just don't know...) when wiring the internal LEDs. It took me an age to figure it out and since I wasn't happy I basically rewired the LEDs. Today's weather was cooler than yesterday's and I felt more relaxed so I took my time and checked each light as I connected it. A quick trip to Super Cheap to grab some spare fuses and everything was away.



Battery box, switch box and fish finder

LED interior light

Next up I switched everything on and left it running for a few hours. Surprising how much a well charged 12v SLA battery will give you, still going strong after 4 hours. Good to get this job out of the way.


1 comment: