Saturday, September 15, 2012

Moron (more on) Taimen.... *sigh*

'Scuse the stupid pun. Taimen information keeps on pouring in... retaining it will be difficult. What I'm seeing here is quite a distinct pattern of similarities to fishing in NZ in the Autumn - lower water, cool or cold nights, mostly warm days. So gear-wise its not going to be too much to prepare for I think... especially as we'll not be travelling with fishing tackle (supplied by outfitter - but I'll damn well be making sure its the good sh*t or I will take my own).

I do have a couple of gear items that need upgrading. I'll be in the market for an outer garment to replace my current rain jacket.. No matter what, I'm determined to not be wet and cold, as that quickly can detract from the fun of a trip. Lucky we live in a land where living outside is pretty much an easy proposition - so there are a number of really good local manufacturers. Our weather can change in minutes - one time when I was in the South Island the temperature dropped an alarming 12 degrees in 20 minutes... that time I was in Christchurch so not a drama but one could easily have set out up a river on a pleasant hot day and got caught out.

I don't think that with Mongolia being so central within a continent that rapid weather changes will be as prevalent as here, but I damned if I wont be ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment