Friday, June 15, 2012

End of season

The final days of our duck season approach. I've loved the fact that I've had a hunt every weekend and took a week to hunt as well, and even better have done some new stuff too - although not entirely successfully at times (but its all part of the never ending learning curve). Not the time to get into post mortem just yet, after all we still have 3 days - including today! - to go, and I'll be spending the last day of my season (I have to be home on Sunday for family reasons) in the swamp with a close mate. Tomorrow I'm planning to hunt a pond in the morning that has shot poorly, probably in part due to the minimal hunting effort put in on it, and then maybe have a walk around in some low lying willow and finish with a night shoot.

This time of year really flies and I'm scratching my head trying to remember where the season has gone. The season's end is always a little sad, but it would be much sadder to have let it slip by without having a go.

Even though my heart belongs to ducks, there are still both geese and pheasants to hunt, and for that I'm more than grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Following your blog, if I have this right, you guys only have about a month of duck hunting? Man that's rough. In the US, for the most part, all states have at least 3 months. I guess its better than nothing. Good luck for the finale, my friend. Look forward to the posts whether sucessful or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As of this year we have a 6 week duck season, previously it was an 8 week season. 6 weeks have flown by!

    ReplyDelete