- You leave far too early. While its good to be keen, its not so good when the river entry beacon light isn't working, you run aground (at 5 knots maybe, I'm not that dumb...)
- You prove that you really ARE that dumb by clambering out, in the dark to "find the channel"
- You find the channel and are left holding on to the side of the boat while your 70 something year old dad tries to pull you back in, mostly by the hair (nah not really but it sounds dramatic)
- The ducks mostly avoiding us.
- Dad pointing out that lowering the boat blind's profile would be a good idea - I agree.
- Having a bloody good time not really shooting much
Today's goose hunt was notable for:
- Getting out of bed at 03.30 for the umpteenth time this past couple of weeks
- Trying to find Spot X in a newly grassed paddock that resembles walking on newly grassed custard. Every foot step sank at least 5 or 6 cm's
- Leaving big foot print trails to the dekes... and back again
- Being swamped by swans
- Being out-smarted by geese, mostly, we did bag 10 birds but it seemed that the party felt that this was an under achievement
- Seeing hundreds of geese quite close but just out of range
- Getting into the office at 13.00, with peat stained hands and finger nails.... try explaining THAT to the boss!!!
|Swan departing, geese arriving - well sort of|