Thursday, December 8, 2011

Still water flies

I honestly can say that I really enjoy stripping flies in still water. Like any tier I got my general ideas from others and then elaborated on them. I'm pretty convinced that flies incorporating UV materials don't scare trout away, so some of the ties incorporate a truck load of it. 3 days of fly stripping depleted my box a bit so last few nights I've been at the vice. Thought I'd post up some shots. These are mostly supposed to represent damsel and dragon fly nymphs. That's what I think, never really got around to asking a fish why it would eat something UV fire orange when it's been munching on green shit all day.....









Now to be fair I got a couple of fish on a plain brown bead head bugger the other day. So is UV the ultimate answer? Nah, I don't think so. I think movement, accuracy, understanding how to work the fly, giving fish time to eat it AND what's in the fly all play an equal role.

Still a few holes in the box but I want a night off tying so will go back to my Harry Hole book.

No comments:

Post a Comment