Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Addressing the Nth Shore Fly Fishers Club


Did a speaking gig last night at North Shore Fly Fishers Club with Darryl Reardon, another of the AW F&G councillors. 30 members came on a freezing night. Rather a good turn out under the circumstances.

I don’t view myself as a political animal at all; but somehow my discussion topic about the arrangement of F&G became an impassioned discussion. I suppose that I’m not surprised really, but the disconnect between ‘shareholders and their company’ (anglers and F&G) was certainly highlighted.

Hopefully some good came out of it, I expect that the club will become a F&G User Group and begin to ask for and share more information. In return I expect to become slightly financially lighter as a result of joining the club!

No comments:

Post a Comment