Friday, May 28, 2010

More who got what posts

Spoke with dad yesterday after he got back from the swamp. Another limit but he mentioned it was harder work. After he'd finished a big flock sat on the pond and he said it was 90% hen birds. (82.6087% to be exact. I made up the 90% bit). His limit was made up of 83.33334% hen birds.Maths at work. Can we presume that hunters are targeting drakes more often than hens? Well that's a pretty small observation window and tiny sample, so who can tell? Rick and I saw far more hens than drakes on opening, yet the bag since has been mostly evenly mixed I think.

Anyhow, Tim and i are off to huntly this afternoon for a wee sit down and see at Kimihia. Perhaps we'll get a flight, with the flooded paddocks its a better than even bet in my opinion. I picked up some Higdon motion Fead full body dekes for the occassion. When I get my GHG resters back I ought to have a passable field spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment