Monday, July 27, 2009

Still & sunny

The 4th shoot at Lakelands was an exercise in .... exercise! 6 drives for 120 odd birds. It was hard work as the conditions were bright and sunny, with almost no breeze. Guy has explained his thoughts on the result. I happen to reckon that the guns were somewhere between average and crap in terms of skills, but that's my opinion only.... I saw birds get through that should have been dead. I watched one gun on a primo spot at The Gums, reprimanding and dragging his dog to heel while birds flew all around him. Dickie saw that too and wasn't impressed. So could they have got the bag? I think so. Everyone was a bit tired and I had to leave early - which was late in fact. Marcia hit the roof. Rilee is playing up big time so i get the roff-hitting part.

A Demon Energy shot (220 mg caffeine in a tiny bottle), and a Voltaren when I got home and I felt fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment