Friday, June 26, 2009

Tomorrow!

Guy rang to ask if I'm excited.... I said "c'mon bro, you know me, I do well in front of crowds...". So I lied a bit. :D

Yes I'm excited! Unfettered, unadulterated, non-stop shooting of driven birds. The more the merrier! I love killing birds. Man, if I was around in Lord Ripon's day it would have been a stand-em-up knock-em-down toe to toe. All that crap he did in India aside, the guy was all about killing game, be it driven or otherwise. I read how many tens-of-thousands of driven birds he killed; he basically got invited to shoots to ensure that the bag was huge and that the reputation of the shoot was kept intact. He was once found to be practicing the night before a shoot, handing his gun to and from his loader - this was thought to be terribly poor form old boy. But it told you all you need to know about him - he was driven to be the best at what he loved.

Long live Lord Ripon! (Even though he's dead, long may his beard grow).

No comments:

Post a Comment