Monday, June 22, 2009

Second-to-last is last

Sunday just gone was my last swamp day for the season (although only the second-to-last weekend of the season), same for Tim and Andrew. Another great weekend with friends and family. We had Dad, me, Tim, Andrew, Rebekah, Quinn, Craig (Shankspony) and Danny. Lots of good food, a decent shoot on Saturday where everyone got shots on birds. Sunday was a bit quieter. I think the overall bag was a dozen or so birds, which isn't bad. Craig got his first spoonie and was happy with that. Weather was clear and brilliant - frosty and very cold. And we finally got ducks on McLennans, they were going in at last which is a decent bit of news. Night spot produced a brace for me and Craig on Saturday night, and puru was its usual well performing self. lots of plans were set for chasing Himilayan mountain goats, chammies, phezzies and pigs. Lots to look forward to!

I got some neat photos of icy decoys - have I said that this winter has been cold?




No comments:

Post a Comment